Wednesday, July 21, 2010

An Introduction of Sorts

Welcome to our blog, all ye who stumble upon this place! :o)

I am Pinky.

I am married to The Brain. Seriously, he is one smart dude. And his head circumference is in the 95th percentile for adults, so you know it's full of brains. The Brain is an engineer, and he brings home the bacon so I can stay at home with The Cute One.

The Cute One is just that--an incredibly cute, incredibly inquisitive toddler. His favorite things to do are, in no particular order, nurse, play, and get into everything in the house. Just now, he brought me his toothbrush, and a tube of Desitin. Right idea, buddy, but wrong end.

And rounding out our family is the Drama Princess. The Brain and I were called by God to bring her into our family. We are going to homeschool her and try not to bash our heads into the walls--teenagers will do that to ya.

Here are a few things that I am:
~A Christian. Jesus is THE one and only Saviour out there, and He is the reason I can laugh at my life and not cry about it. If you don't know Him personally and want to, all you have to do is pray this prayer: Jesus, I trust You to be my Saviour. I believe You died on the cross for my sins, and I admit that I have sinned more times than I can count. Please forgive me and come live in my heart. I will follow you all the days of my life. Amen.
~Random. The Brain says that I'm missing a filter in my head, so pretty much whatever I think comes out. He's only about 90% right; I do keep in some of the thoughts I have.
~A Mommy. Not necessarily a cool mommy, but I refuse to wear "mom jeans" or full coverage underwear briefs. So above "dork" on the mommy scale (though if you ask our teenage almost-daughter, she may say something totally different.)
~A Church-goer. I do lots for our church, and I love the spots I fill. It's a lot of work, but it's fulfilling.
~A Wife. I am so blessed to be married to The Brain. God knew exactly what He was doing when He put us together; he completes me.

There's so much to blog about, y'all: infertility, PCOS, raising a teen you didn't birth, and so much more. This is gonna be AWESOME!

Oh yeah, and I can't wait for Lucy to blog, too. Lucy is one of my dearest friends; I can share everything with her--and frequently do! We could totally be sisters, except that our moms are different, and we grew up in totally different states, and we don't really look alike. But other than that, we could totally be sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment